Community Coach, Yorkshire Carnegie
Yorkshire Carnegie is looking a recruit a Community Coach, reporting to the Community Manager you will be responsible for delivering the Community programmes with an emphasis on building relationships with clubs across Yorkshire.
You will be responsible for running the pre-match festival and coaching programme and half-time game entertainment with local rugby clubs
Schools (State and Independent)
· Develop links with schools across Yorkshire to become associated with Yorkshire Carnegie
· Establish a school database including rugby teachers details for the major rugby playing schools in the county
· Manage and deliver the paid for school coaching services
· Run the pre-match festival and coaching programme
· Run the half-time game entertainment with local rugby clubs
· Ensure community attendees have a ‘day to remember’
· Run and lead on the Yorkshire Carnegie rugby camp programme incorporating up to 13 rugby camps throughout the year
· Develop the rugby camps to have an elite development side to them to link with the academy structure
· Liaising with the Community Manager develop close relationships with local rugby clubs through the club affiliation scheme in which selected clubs will have coaching access to a player for a number of appearances
· Create links alongside taking the rugby games on the road initiative with the surrounding rugby clubs and schools
· Run 3 pre-match tournaments where clubs will be invited to attend using the flagship festival model where 30 clubs attended a festival then the main game
· Liaising with the Community Manager create a contact list for the clubs of Yorkshire ensuring we have a ‘go to’ contact within each club to further increase links
· Liaise with Academy Manager (Programmes) re ERDPP coaching
· Work with the Community Manager to deliver and develop new and existing Community Programmes
- Very strong communicator both in verbal and written forms
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of the game both technically & tactically.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Good at talent spotting.
This is a full-time role, which will be based at Yorkshire Carnegie, Leeds Rugby Academy, Bridge Road, Clarence Fields, Kirkstall, Leeds, LS5 3BW and also in the community. The salary for the role is dependent on your skills, experience and current qualifications.
The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to a DBS check and references. To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Sarah Tate at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is midday on Tuesday 3rd January 2017.