Yorkshire Carnegie is looking a recruit a Community Manager. Reporting to the Academy Manager you will be responsible for running the Community department with an emphasis on building relationships with clubs across Yorkshire.
You will liaise with the ERDPP programme to develop coach and player development.
You will manage and organise the pre match festival programme in conjunction with the Schools Development Manager.
• Organise the half-time game entertainment with local rugby clubs
• Ensure community attendees have a ‘day to remember’
• Liaise with the marketing department to ensure games are marketed to their full potential
• Manage, run and lead on the Yorkshire Carnegie rugby camp programme incorporating up to 13 rugby camps throughout the year
• Develop the rugby camps to have an elite development side to them to link with the academy structure
• Develop close relationships with local rugby clubs through a player adoption scheme in which selected clubs will have coaching access to a player for a number of appearances
• Create links alongside taking the rugby games on the road initiative with the surrounding rugby clubs and schools
• Run 3 pre-match tournaments where clubs will be invited to attend using the flagship festival model where 30 clubs attended a festival then the main game
• Assist in the marketing of Carnegie games within clubs and schools and explore different avenues to get people to attend
• Create a contact list for the clubs of Yorkshire ensuring we have a ‘go to’ contact within each club to further increase links
• Develop the ‘coach the coaches’ programme to cater for all the coaches needs
• Work alongside the RFU in the coaching Master class programme
• Support to the ERDPP academy programme
• Operate as the clubs dedicated safeguarding officer
• Ensure child welfare is covered for the organisation
• Very strong communicator both in verbal and written forms
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of the game both technically & tactically.
• Good planning and organising skills.
• Good at talent spotting.
This is a full time role, which will be based at Yorkshire Carnegie, Leeds Rugby Academy, Bridge Road, Clarence Fields, Kirkstall, Leeds, LS5 3BW and also in the community. The salary for the role is dependent on your skills, experience and current qualifications.
The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to a DBS check and references. To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Sarah Tate at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is midday on Sunday 16th October 2016