Yorkshire Carnegie, in partnership with Yorkshire County RFU are putting on a performance based front row master class on 20th April 2016 18:30 – 21:00, that is both player and coach development focussed, the clinic itself will be for U15 & U16 aged players who are currently front rowers or identified players that could develop into a front row player.
There will also be opportunities for coaches to follow the sessions up close and listen to the key delivery points for this specialist position as part of their ongoing development.
This is a great opportunity for junior players as well as coaches, and all aspects of developing front row play required to develop into an effective front row player will be covered.
The session will be delivered by front row specialists, Yorkshire Carnegie first team players and professionals who are leaders in their field for junior development and strength and conditioning who are pushing the boundaries of innovative development and performance coaching.
- 18:30 – 18:50 Introduction: Why is the front row so important for the game?
- 18:50 – 19:10 Presentation: Positional transition to the front row, why, how and successes – Andy Rock, Yorkshire Carnegie Academy Director
- 19:30 – 20:50 Technical rotations for players (coach observations/Q&A):
- Technical session on the Scrum – Ben Hooper, Charlie Beech, Joey Graham & Martin Whitcombe (ex Leeds RUFC prop)
- Technical session on the Lineout – Lewis Boyce (current England U20s), Jack Walker (current England U20s captain), Adam Blades & Mark Luffman (ex Leeds Tykes hooker, England International Performance Department Positional Coach)
- Catch, Pass & Identifying space, core skills games – Max Green (current England U20s), Sam Allan, Danny Wild (U16 Academy Coach)
- Core strength & conditioning for the front row, key exercises for long lasting core development – Greg Roe (Leeds Beckett University/Yorkshire Carnegie first team) conditioner & Josh Darrall-Jones (Leeds Beckett University/Yorkshire first team conditioner)
- 20:50 close of event
Anyone interested in attending as a player or coach please contact ERDPP@YorkshireCarnegie.com